Lakeview Academy of Science, Arts, and Technology
Board of Trustees Meetings
527 West 400 North Saratoga Springs Utah
(all times listed are approximate and the board reserves the right to vote on any item on the agenda)
The Mission of Lakeview Academy is to develop Capable, Confident, and Contributing members of society through learning experiences that foster growth, creativity, and character development.
The purpose of the Board of Trustees, on behalf of the citizens of Utah, is to see to it that Lakeview Academy (1) achieves what it should according to the Lakeview Academy Character and State Law and (2) avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
1. Welcome and Roll Call (5:30 p.m.)
2. Pledge of Allegiance (5:30 p.m.)
3. Reports (5:45 p.m.)
a. Director's Report
i. SAGE Results
ii. Language Arts Benchmark Report
iii. Mathematics Benchmark Report
iv. Climate Survey Results
b. Board Member Reports
c. Financial Reports Ending April 30, 2016
i. Balance Sheet Report Ending April 30, 2016
ii. Cash Flow Report April 30, 2016
iii. Income Statement Report Ending April 30, 2016
iv. Reconciliation Report Ending April 30, 2016
4. Action Items (5:45p.m.)
a. Lakeview Academy Amended 2015-2016 Budget
b. Lakeview Academy Proposed 2016-2017 Budget
5. Consent Agenda (5:55 p.m.)
a. Financial Report Ending April 30, 2016
6. Public Comment (6:00 p.m.) The public may address any issue not related to items already on the agenda. Please state your name for the official minutes. Please be mindful of the length of the board meeting and be concise.
7. Policy Review (8:30 p.m.) Time has been set aside to discus several policies. Questions to consider are: How does this policy support Lakeview Academy charter, global policies, state law and governance? Is it effective? How do we know it is effective (direct inspection, data, audit)? Do we need to make any changes?
a. Code of Conduct Discipline Policy
b. Extra Curricular Participation Policy
c. Network Use and Internet Safety Policy, Computer Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Policy
d. Parent Assisted Learning (PALS) Volunteer Policy
e. Head Injury and Concussion Policy
f. Middle School Credit Policy
g. Benefit and Leave Policy
h. Fee Wavier Policy
8. Board Business (6:05 p.m.)
a. Joylin Lincoln resignation
b. Board Event and Assignment Calendar
c. A motion to enter a closed session in accordance with Utah Code 52-4-205 for the purpose of discussion of litigation matters, acquisition of real property, or authorized personal issues.
d. Action if any from closed session