Lakeview Academy of Science, Arts, and Technology
Board of Trustees Meetings
527 West 400 North Saratoga Springs Utah
(all times listed are approximate and the board reserves the right to vote on any item on the agenda)
The Mission of Lakeview Academy is to develop Capable, Confident, and Contributing members of society through learning experiences that foster growth, creativity, and character development.
The purpose of the Board of Trustees, on behalf of the citizens of Utah, is to see to it that Lakeview Academy (1) achieves what it should according to the Lakeview Academy Character and State Law and (2) avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
1. Welcome and Roll Call (7:00 p.m.)
2. Pledge of Allegiance (7:00 p.m.)
3. Training (7:10 p.m.)
4. Reports (7:30 p.m.)
a. Director's Report
b. Board Member Reports
c. Financial Reports Ending July 31, 2015
i. Balance Sheet Report Ending July 31, 2015
ii. Cash Flow Report July 31, 2015
iii. Income Statement Report Ending July 15, 2015
iv. Reconciliation Report Ending July 15, 2015
5. Public Comment (8:00 p.m.) The public may address any issue not related to items already on the agenda. Please state your name for the official minutes. Please be mindful of the length of the board meeting and be concise.
6. Consent Agenda (8:10 p.m.)
a. Financial Report Ending July 15, 2015
b. 2015-2016 Salary Wage Agreements
c. Investment Authorization Letter
7. Action Items
a. Global Finance Policy
8. Policy Review (8:30 p.m.) Time has been set aside to discus several policies. Questions to consider are: How does this policy support Lakeview Academy charter, global policies, state law and governance? Is it effective? How do we know it is effective (direct inspection, data, audit)? Do we need to make any changes?
a. Assets Liabilities and Net Assets
b. Cost of Accounting
c. Internal Control Policy
9. Board Business (8:45 p.m.)
a. LVA Staff Anniversary Celebration
b. Board Event and Assignment Calendar
c. A motion to enter a closed session in accordance with Utah Code 52-4-205 for the purpose of discussion of litigation matters, acquisition of real property, or authorized personal issues.
d. Action if any from closed session