Lakeview Academy of Science, Arts, and Technology
Board of Trustees Meeting
527 West 400 North Saratoga Springs Utah
(all times listed are approximate and the board reserves the right to vote on any item on the agenda)
The mission of Lakeview Academy is to develop Capable, Confident, and Contributing members of society through learning experiences that foster growth, creativity and character development.
The purpose of the Board of Trustees, on behalf of the citizens of Utah, is to see to it that Lakeview Academy (1) achieves what it should according to the Lakeview Academy Charter and State Law and (2) avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
1.Welcome & Roll Call (7:00 p.m.)
2. Pledge of Allegiance (7:00 p.m.)
3. Charter Training (7:10p.m.)
4. Reports (7:30 p.m.)
a. Director's Report
i. Math Benchmark Scores
ii. Language Arts Benchmark Scores
b. Board Member Reports
c. Financial Reports Ending May 31, 2015
i. Balance Sheet Report Ending May 31, 2015
ii. Cash Flow Report Ending May 31, 2015
iii. Income Statement Report Ending May 31, 2015
iv. Reconciliation Report Ending May 31, 2015
5. Public Comment (8:00 p.m.) The public may address any issue not related to items already on the agenda. Please state your name for the official minutes. Please be mindful of the length of the board meeting and be concise.
6. Public Hearing
a. 2014-2015 Amended Budget
b. 2015-2016 Proposed Budget
7. Consent Agenda (8:10 p.m.)
a. Financial Report Ending May 31, 2015
b. Minutes March 12, 2015
c. Minutes April 9, 2015
d. Minutes May 29, 2015
e. Standards and Poor's Engagement Letter
8. Action Items
a. Building Officer Proposal
9. Policy Review (8:30 p.m.) Time has been set aside to discuss several policies. How does this policy support the charter, global policies, state law, and governance? Is it effective? How do we know it is effective (direct inspection, data, audit)? Do we need to make any changes?
10. Board Business (8:45 p.m.)
a. Governance Training
b. Board Event & Assignment Schedule
c. A motion to enter a closed session in accordance with Utah Code 52-4-205 for the purpose of discussion of litigation matters, acquisition of real property, or authorized personal issues.
d. Action if any from closed session
11. Adjourn (9:00 p.m.)