Board of Trustees Meeting
527 West 400 North Saratoga Springs Utah
(all times listed are approximate and the board reserves the right to vote on any item on the agenda)
The purpose of the Board of Trustees, on behalf of the citizens of Utah, is to see to it that Lakeview Academy (1) achieves what it should according to the Lakeview Academy Charter and State Law and (2) avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
Work Session beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Smart Goals for 2014-2015 school year
1. Welcome & Roll Call (7:00 p.m.)
2. Pledge of Allegiance (7:00 p.m.)
3. Charter Highlights/Awards (7:05 p.m.)
4. Charter Training (7:10p.m.)
5. Reports (7:30 p.m.)
a. Director's Report
i. Sage Results
ii. Enrollment Report
b. Board Member's Report
c. Financial Report Ending September 30, 2014
i. Balance Sheet Report Ending September 30, 2014
ii. Cash Flow Report Ending September 30, 2014
iii. Income Statement Report Ending September 30, 2014
iv. Reconciliation Report Ending September 30, 2014
v. Audit Report
6. Public Comment (8:00 p.m.) The public may address any issue not related to items already on the agenda. Please state your name for the official minutes. Please be mindful of the length of the board meeting and be concise.
7. Consent Agenda (8:10 p.m.)
a. Income Statement Report Ending September 30, 2014
b. Minutes October 9, 2014
8. Action Items (8:15 p.m.)
a. Commercial Utah Community Rating Program Agreement
b. Charter Fidelity Monitoring Review, Smart Goals Review, Lakeview Academy Charter
9. Policy Review (8:15 p.m.) Time has been set aside to discuss several policies. How does this policy support the charter, global policies, state law, and governance? Is it effective? How do we know it is effective (direct inspection, data, audit)? Do we need to make any changes?
a. Communication and Support of the Board of Trustees Policy
b. Emergency Director Succession Policy
c. Facility Use Policy
10. Board Business (8:45 p.m.)
a. Governance Training
i. Charter School Performance Standards: Governing Board Stewardship
ii. Charter School Performance Standards: Financial Performance & Sustainability
b. Board Event Schedule
i. November 21: Site Advisory Committee Meeting 11:00 a.m.
ii. December 12: Christmas Social
iii. December 18: Kinder Christmas Program 10:30, 2:20 p.m.
c. A motion to enter a closed session in accordance with Utah Code 52-4-205 for the purpose of discussion of litigation matters, acquisition of real property, or authorized personal issues.
d. Action if any from closed session
11. Adjourn (9:00 p.m.)