Lakeview Academy of Science, Arts, and Technology
Board of Trustees Meetings
527 West 400 North Saratoga Springs Utah
(all times listed are approximate and the board reserves the right to vote on any item on the agenda)
The Mission of Lakeview Academy is to develop Capable, Confident, and Contributing members of society through learning experiences that foster growth, creativity, and character development.
The purpose of the Board of Trustees, on behalf of the citizens of Utah, is to see to it that Lakeview Academy (1) achieves what it should according to the Lakeview Academy Character and State Law and (2) avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
1. Welcome and Roll Call (7:00 p.m.)
2. Pledge of Allegiance (7:00 p.m.)
3. Board Training (7:10 p.m.)
4. Reports (7:30 p.m.)
a. Director's Report
i. Math Benchmark Report
ii. Language Arts Benchmarks
b. Board Member Reportsc. Financial Reports Ending January 31, 2016
i. Balance Sheet Report Ending January 31, 2016
ii. Cash Flow Report January 31, 2016
iii. Income Statement Report Ending January 31, 2016
iv. Reconciliation Report Ending December 31, 2015
v. Reconciliation Report Ending January 31, 2016
5. Public Comment (8:00 p.m.) The public may address any issue not related to items already on the agenda. Please state your name for the official minutes. Please be mindful of the length of the board meeting and be concise.
6. Consent Agenda (8:10 p.m.)
a. Financial Report Ending January 31, 2016
b. Minutes January 14, 2016
c. Land Trust Plan 2016-2017
7. Action Items
a. Comprehensive Guidance Counselor Model
b. 2015-2016 Amended Budget
c. Reserve Project Proposal
d. Election Policy
8. Policy Review (8:30 p.m.) Time has been set aside to discus several policies. Questions to consider are: How does this policy support Lakeview Academy charter, global policies, state law and governance? Is it effective? How do we know it is effective (direct inspection, data, audit)? Do we need to make any changes?
a. Global Governance Management Relationship
b. Accountability of the Director
c. Board Agenda
d. Delegation to the Director
e. Unity of Control
9. Board Business (8:45 p.m.)
a. Construction Update
b. Board Meeting Schedule
c. Board Event and Assignment Calendar
d. A motion to enter a closed session in accordance with Utah Code 52-4-205 for the purpose of discussion of litigation matters, acquisition of real property, or authorized personal issues.
e. Action if any from closed session